Monday 1 March 2010

Japanese winter garden

Hi there! I've made a card! My output has been apalling lately. Well, I've been making some ATCs from old Christmas cards, just for fun really as there were lots of cute little images I couldn't bear to send to the Pre-school for cutting up. But someone has fiddled with camera settings and until I can sort that out I don't want to photo them. So, apologies for the terrible photo below. I'll try to improve it later.

This is the card I finished at the weekend. While browsing Jenni's lovely blogs today:
http://jenniscraftyjournal.blogspot.com/
http://cardmadfairys-creations.blogspot.com/
I discovered there are two oriental themed challenges going on now. How lucky!



The image is recycled (nothing new there then) and cut with a Labels 9 Nestie. Used Kraft card, and the Cuttlebugged paper is Swiss dots. Paper flowers are punchies from a small X-Cut daisy punch. NOt only is this my first ever oriental card, it's also the first time I attempted to put something inside.



This is the first card I've entered into challenges outside Trimcraft and doesn't have a hope of qualifying but I'm going to put it in for for The Corrosive Challenge http://corrosivechallengesbyjanet.blogspot.com/2010/02/challenge-53-asian-themed.html
which has the theme Asian and
SophistiCat Challenge
http://sophisticatchallenges.blogspot.com/2010/03/challenge-24.html
which is Oriental.

One day I will work out how to put the 'here' link instead of the full address! Thanks for visiting and any comments.
Hugs
Debbie x

5 comments:

  1. Debbie this is just fab, many thanks for joining us at Sophisticats this week. Hugs Avril xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a lovely image :-)
    Thanks for joining us at Sophisti-Cats this week and we hope you'll be back next week
    Tasha
    xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very original image. Thanks for joining us at Sophisticats. Hope to see you back next week. Hugs Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice card and way to jump in and join the challenges! Hope to see lots more from you in the weeks to come! Thanks for joining us at Sophisti-Cat this week!
    hugs,
    Diana

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely card love the image. Thanks for joining the Sophisti-cats Challenge this werek. luv gina xx

    ReplyDelete